We understand that efficiency is the most important component of all operations involving live animals. All AVI shipments are time sensitive, and stressful to animals. Being situated at O.R Tambo Intl Airport, we are ideally positioned to process and handle your shipments.
Our specialised airfreight AVI staff will assist with all aspects of:
- Arranging of Transit Permits from The Department of Agriculture (where necessary)
- Inspections for Import, Export, In-transit Shipments by CITES and/or State Veterinary officials.
- Cargo handling and Supervision thereof for Scheduled and Charter Operations.
- IATA approved Crates and packaging solutions
- Aircraft type and Route Evaluation
- Scheduled flights with Main and lower deck capacity
- Specialized Charter Operations to destinations worldwide through Airlines and Aircraft operators.
- All shipments are temperature controlled to suit your requirements.
- Animal attendants through our association with Animal Transport Association when necessary
We accept all types of live animals for airfreight, ranging from, but not limited to:
- Domestic Pets such as cats and dogs
- Reptiles: crocodiles, snakes etc.
- Amphibians: frogs etc.
- Mammals: Antelope, predators, elephant, giraffe etc.
- Fish: Koi, sharks, fingerlings, brood stock etc.
- Livestock: Sheep, goats, pigs and cattle
- Day Old Chicks
With local authorities such as Nature Conservation, CITES and State Veterinary offices situated nearby to our facilities, we are able to arrange various inspections and permits as and when necessary.
In addition, we are able to handle In-Transit shipments and will facilitate the application of your Transit permits with the Department of Agriculture as well taking care of customs formalities. All acceptance and handling procedures are fully compliant with the IATA Live Animals Regulations and with all relevant local jurisdiction procedures where there may be more specific requirements.
Please contact our Johannesburg Office on +27 11 571 0800 or email@example.com for quotes and for more information regarding your airfreight requirements